Friday, November 21, 2008

how to kill monster ants.

Recently, a nest of big, black ants invaded my kitchen. They made their nest in the dishdryer, the part that collects dripoff water. And if you left a drink carton in the rubbish, the next morning it would be totally black because it would be covered with black ants.

After destroying the nest, the ants returned a day later in full force. They attacked anything - empty, overturned cups that had been rinsed (maybe they drink tapwater), the kitchen table, the table cloth, the plates..but they didn't exactly attack our food :/ Funny guys, huh.

These ants are freaks of mother nature. You can't squash them, cos they just lie dead then after awhile if you try to wipe them up, they get up and start crawling on your hand which is super, super DISGUSTING UGHHHH. You can't use a tablecloth to smash them and wipe them up like you can do with the small cuter versions, cos their smashed bodies just stick to the cloth and can't be washed off. You've gotta use a toothpick and unstick them, which just wastes a lot of time. And then it's hard to vacuum them, cos I suspect their legs have adhesive quality or something, you've gotta go over them a few times before they get sucked up. I bet they're still living inside the vacuum bag. Neither can you drown them in water, they just float to the top, swim around, and climb out of the bucket. So you can't flush them down the toilet either.

BUT alas, these monster ants can be exterminated! I discovered that if I leave a wet table cloth on the table, very soon it will draw all the ants to it. Then I pick it up and dump it in a full pot of water and set it to boil, and TADAA you have your ant bodies floating around on the top! Now, take a ladle and scoop all those disgusting, disgusting ants and wash them down the sink. Hopefully they don't regenerate.

Yup that's how I spent the 3rd day of my proper holidays (: And there's still half a day left! Maybe I'll exterminate the ants tonight if they come back again.

No comments: