Monday, January 31, 2011

the only exception

Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Keep a straight face


And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm
Content with loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk


love the lyrics. (:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

debbie, don't emo :)

Life is about loving, never about facing anything alone, nor with a straight face; and love is about sacrifice, selflessness, hope, trust and faith.

Man was never meant to be alone, living by oneself, instead called to love! By rejecting love and accepting loneliness, you're rejecting your very Creator, who is pure love, since God is Love.

And yea, you posting this basically means you agree with it. Don't. It's unhealthy:) oh, and it's always worth the risk, well it's never a risk, always a privilege :) Don't forget that all things are intended by God :)

debb said...

Heyy, thanks for that comment (: (who's this btw!!)

Mmm I definitely agree with what you've said..don't get me wrong, I'm not rejecting love! It's just that lately I've been contemplating the idea that love between friends is what lasts..love between couples just doesn't seem to work out half as well. I mean, finding joy in a relationship with God and with close friends seems like a good way to go, without all the temptations and complications of a relationship..doesn't it?

Just a thought (: