Today's interview has led me to several conclusions about myself:
1. I am honest to the point of stupidity
2. I am too poor
3. I have not mastered the art of bs-ing.
Honesty is not a virtue, not when you confess to the interviewer that the only way you can get into the school is if you're on a scholarship that is offered to 5 people a year, and that your parents decided they don't have the money to afford the school fees.
SERIOUSLY DEBBIE WHAT WERE YOU THINKING UGHHHH ):
That aside, it's incredibly annoying how I actually knew the answer to the phloem transport question but because I thought the answer was too simple, I must have remembered wrongly. Glucose is pumped into the phloem by active transport, high solute concentration, water from xylem moves in by osmosis, pumps the sugars to where it's needed. SIMPLE. I didn't even have to mention that it was called pressure flow hypothesis since the interviewer hasn't studied botany for the past 50 years of his life! Being the stupidly honest person I am, I confessed to him that I couldn't remember the details, but it probably had something to do with water from the xylem and pressure being created in the phloem and glucose being actively transported into the phloem. Technically if I had told him the wrong thing, he probably wouldn't have known heh. Should have realised that earlier darnit. ):
And the Ashley Treatment's on a girl in US and it happened in 2007, not "in UK quite some time ago, 2000-something?". Information failll. On hindsight, I was super dumb to say UK. He's been in UK for ages, and if he hasn't heard of it, then DUHH IT DIDN'T HAPPEN IN THE UK. omgosh I am a failure.
Ohwells. At least it's over and I can start mugging for IB and try getting that 45 for real. And BMAT, perhaps I'll get such impressive results they decide to offer me a place even though I screwed up the interview hoho.
Then again, I seem to be on a screwing up spree. First IOC, then prelims, then interview. IB/BMAT next? cross fingers and toes.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
come on debbie jiayou!! yeah.. pwn them with your awesome results. :)
Post a Comment